CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Friendship

Camilla, I am studying and pondering on your fantastic questions- ones that I have also had for a long time. The answer, for me, has been pacified with the knowledge that they were completely innocent (the way I consider children innocent). However, I know there is much more to that answer and I will have more to contribute on that, hopefully as I study!

Another idea I had came last night. Paul so kindly gave me a blessing and one of the things he said was a line I have been told many times in my life, "do not let worthy goals escape your grasp." It might be that I have been thinking in context of our blog topic, but this line in relation to Adam and Eve became so very enlightening.

Sometimes our worthy goals are so very painful to acheive, but through these experiences we are closer to who our Heavenly Father intends us to become. I sometimes wish I could stay in the "garden" or in "ignorance," but that is impossible if I am to acheive my worthy and eternal goals. Eve was clearly aware of who she was to become, "the mother of all living" (verse 26, Moses 3) and was clear on what she needed to do to acheive the most worthy of goals (Genesis 3:6, Moses 4:12). I am so grateful I have her example at this time in my life. Even though it was difficult and the consequences were severe, she was obedient to the Plan- both the Plan of Happiness and her personal Plan for eternal life.

How do we make such amazing decisions? How was Eve able to do this? She made the decision alone. And then she went to Adam. That is such a vital part of the story. Don't we all have to ultimately make our life's choices by ourselves and have that personal confirmation? And then don't we inform those involved in that process what our choice is? Adam, at the creation of woman, had just stated that man leave his father and mother and "cleave unto his wife and they shall be one flesh" (Genesis 2:24). They were one flesh. They understood and supported and strengthened each other. What an amazing love, friendship and understanding Adam and Eve had in each other. And what a lesson they have taught me this morning.

There is pain. There are consequences. There must be sacrifice and choices. We each have a personal Plan of Happiness that accomplishes the greater Plan of Happiness. We can all know for ourselves who we were, are and will be. And we can be the friend that Adam and Eve were to one another! I am so grateful for my friends that teach me so much and my best friend, Paul, who helps keep worthy goals within reach! I love you!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Whenever I think of the "sin" Eve made, I always see light in it. I believe she understood more then is portrayed in the scriptures. I like how it always refers to the tree as "The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil". I think she understood part of the importance of gowing through sorrow to gain appreciation for what the Lord has blessed her with! I also like how when Eve presents her problem to Adam he helps her and understands that he must stand by her through this unknown. That's how a marriage relationship should be. Even if your spouse makes a "wrong" decision, you must work together to get through the trial period, or consquences, of your actions.

Anonymous said...

You are right! Eve made that decision on her own. Perhaps it was those natural feelings us women get to have our children. It reminds me of a scripture in 1Peter 1:7 that says, "That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:" What could possibly be more precious than gold? It's knowledge! Knowledge is power! Satan knew that and he still knows it. I also admire Adam for standing with Eve and supporting her decision and trusting in her. This is such a beautiful aspect I love to think on with this story!